View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
scottmcdaniel
2002 986

Question New owner, dumb questions - 2002 Boxster

Hello all. First, thank you for a fantastic forum! I've already learned a lot by hanging out here, and hope to know even more.

I have purchased a 2002 Boxster (non-S) and have a few questions if you have a moment or two...

* I received only one key with my car - it has no buttons for any sort of remote activities. The car itself has the sensors indicated in the manual as part of the alarm/unlock system - how do I determine for sure that my system has an alarm? Is there something I can look for before I go to a dealership and look dumb in person?

* I only have front speakers - what I've read indicates I likely have wiring in the back for the add-on set, and that there may or may not be holes cut out in the door - but my panels don't have any grills - is there a way to determine this without popping the panels off (I dont want to break anything)? If so, is it safe to assume that there are wires in there waiting to be hooked up to speakers?

* Is it possible to replace my plastic window with a glass one short of buying an all new top? Should I bother ( I live in Georgia - mostly warm year round so no frost or snow - also garaged)?

* If I wanted to change the lights (to blue) behind the speedometer cluster, are they bulbs or are they the soldering kind? Do you have recommendations for doing so?

I really appreciate any input you can offer, and look forward to being part of the community.
:-)
scottmcdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote