View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 03:15 AM   #4
Dragonwind

Greetings Jotoole,
That is sort of a loaded question. Only now are most people's Boxsters hitting the high milage area. I drive mine as much as possible year round other than in snow (yet). The Achilles' Heel of the car is the IMS bearing and unfortunately you just had all things done that are in the area where it is located. I was in the same boat as I just had the clutch done last year but the extraction method for the double row didn't exist then anyways.

As for the car being worth the IMS upgrade? I would say absolutely yes! Sure depreciation has made it very cheap right now but I wouldn't be surprised to see if just the mention of the IMS retrofit would increase the value. Financially it is cheap insurance against a blown motor. Sure there are other potential areas but I think none are more prominent than the IMS.

The other side is emotional. Do you enjoy the car a lot? Does it put a big smile on your face? For me it is me go to car and will be more so now that I am adding a garage.

Chris