View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 09:44 PM   #17
23109VC

i asked my mechanic to take a look at my engine mount while he had it in the shop to do my water pump. he told me it looked like it was worn and may have initial signs of cracks, but he said when he seems them "fail" he notices a clunk when he shifts or takes off from a stop...something like that... he said I had no clunking and he basically said he'd be happy to change it for me, but if it were his car, he'd probably just leave it....

my car has 75k miles. is it possible that a car with my mileage still has "good" mount or are they virtually ALL bad by my mileage???? i was under the impression that by my mileage, ikt would be toast...

my car had a new motor put in at 15k and the car has 75k...so my mount likely h as about 60k on it as he stated these get changed if the motor gets replaced...
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote