View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 09:49 AM   #13
23109VC

i'm confused, does the Pedro mount ONLY include the little center rubber thing and you press it into yhour existing mount...or does he send you a whole new mount/bracket and you just swap them in/out? from the photo SD-boxster uploaded, it looks like he was pressing out the center piece....

when i looked at Pedro's page, I got the impression he was sending a bracket with the mount alrady installed into the bracket itself. you just unbolt hte one you have, and then bolt in the new one.... is that how it goes?

i'm right now torn between whether i do the enthusiast mount, or go for the new "upgraded" 987/cayman mount. not sure which is ultimately "better"?

i don't mind some vibration if there is a benefit to it, but i don't want to get vibration just to have vibration. some people have reported doing the cayman mount and also being very very happy with the result, and I don't beleive it results in any vibration at all...but maybe the end result is "not as good" as the Pedro mount in terms of improved shifting.

is there any improvement in overall "handling" feel of the car...like when you turn or corner, does the car feel more solid / rigid with this new Pedro mount? I did an engine mount on a prior car (which was also broken) and the result was firmer steering feel...as well as better shifting

just wondering what the results really will be...and what is the best mount to pick
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote