View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 09:49 AM   #3
23109VC

how would you describe the "before" vs. "after" in terms of how the car feels / drives?

my car has 75k miles and i believe my mount is stock / never replaced. it must need to get changed!

one thing I haven't considered / but wonder about - is suppose my car goes into the shop, and I jus thave my mechanic install a standard / stock OEM mount... are the odds that I will notice just as much improvement as I would with one of these racing or enthusiast mounts from Pedro?

i sometimes wonder is the improvement is really noticed because the stock part has broken...and ANY new part wil make it better..or would someone taking out a brand new OEM mount notice an "improvement" by puttin in the Pedro mount?

another question - since you went with the "racing" mount - do you find the "increased vibration" to be objectionable or no big deal?

on a past car of mine, I swapped out a similar engine mount with something like Pedros..it was stiffer / poly mount and when it first went in, I noticed quiet a bit of increased vibration, but also much crisper/bertter steering feel...and over the next few days, the "vibration" that initially seemed to be "a lot" seemed like no big deal.... so i kinda wonder on a car like tghe boxster, where I only drive it once in a while, and it's supposed to be "fun" and a good handling car, and "vibration" is not a big deal...maybe the racing mount is what i want..unless it vibrates so much it makes the steering wheel shake and it really is a big no no on a street car..but I can't imagien that's the case...

what do you think? is hte vibration *that* bad?
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.

Last edited by 23109VC; 10-12-2009 at 09:58 AM.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote