View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #4
Banana S

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk2
Why ignore the camouflage? Truly unique, boarders brilliance. I had a 9 28 similar to that in the 90's. Anybody can mindlessly shop ebay. for meaningless "me to" dim a dozen, functionless do-dads...to look like every body else

I'm a designer, done some work for BMW & lexus and I follow trends like this stuff with amusement and curiosity. I marvel at how these fads spread. Whats' so bad about amber, it's just a color. If the lenses had came from the factory already de- ambered, what so do you want to bat the cool thing would be to amberize you lights.

I do like the idea of going racing yellow instead of amber. That's clever and unique...start a new rend

Regards, PK
Wow. I've never seen someone so completely miss the point of a post.

I don't dislike the camo at all... But the camo has nothing to do with the point of my post. I'm just asking about the headlight treatment.

I have no interest in "de-ambering." (Where did you get that??) I just want to get rid of the "fried egg" look. And I haven't seen ANY 986/996's, other than the camo 996, with headlight covers that mimic the look of "normal" headlights. So I'd hardly say I'm trying to "look like everybody else."

Oh, and the e-bay seller listed below wants $50 for shipping, and "suggests" in his broken English that you pay an extra $5 for "insurance" or he won't be responsible if you receive a broken part. Sorry, no sale. So I'm still looking. (Surely there is a reputable shop that is selling these??)
Banana S is offline   Reply With Quote