View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 07:29 PM   #16
lexuspilot

Don't fall for "the grass is always greener". On every board, for almost every car worth writing about, is a thread about starting a CA about something. On this forum it is the RMS, on the Miata.net it is the thrust bearing issue or clutch chatter. BMW M3's have the whole engine fail(read about all the M3 engines blowing up on roadfly etc, BMW's answer was to advise you never to rev the engine out of gear). Hell for a while there, five series were burning people's houses down.
Randall if you go 10 years with no RMS issue you will have still lost. Because, for 10 years you will have endured the pain of an RMS failure without ever having one. Sell the Boxster, buy a Lexus. Then if your timing belt just happens to be the 1 in however many that break, your interference engine will be a paperweight.

My Lexus was in the shop in the first 3000 and my Boxster is at 3300 without breaking it's Service Center cherry. And I love the Lexus and would call it a very very reliable car(now with 75k). BTW it has been towed from my house to Lexus one time because the variable valve timing got stuck> No biggie

If you want to make your cars seem maintenance free, buy an airplane.

Enjoy your Boxster!
BTW I am 16 and these are my first two cars that my parents bought for me. JK

I better go knock on wood or my Lexus timing belt and Porsche RMS are both gona fail tomorrow.

05 S - looking...
lexuspilot is offline   Reply With Quote