View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 08:07 AM   #8
Fred Demara

Carfax only catches about 1/3 the accidents - if you pay out of pocket for a repair, and no police report was filed, carfax won't catch it.

Me personally, I would never buy any car that'd ever been in any accident, especially a convertible.

Even if you have the best autobody repairman on the planet, even if they do the best job ever fixing the accident...a piece of steel, once bent, will never ever have the same tinsel properties it had before the accident...so if you get hit in the same place

So many great boxsters out there for cheap right now, unless it was a minor accident, and the PO has the pictures and repair records to prove it was minor, pass and find a nice accident free boxster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_legend
Does CarFax catch accidents? Or only salvage title?
I was talking to the mgr of a Porsche Body shop about a Boxster he was working on and he said he doesn't report the accident.

And I think I know the answer to this one - but will pose it anyways (historical record for the forum) - would anyone buy a Boxster if they knew it was in an accident. Like minor bodywork to the rear quarter panel and suspension?
No frame or front end damage?