View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #60
JackG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
Okay I'm here so you can all stop arguing.

I have the V1.

The suction cups are ****************ty, I'm on my second set. The dang thing fell on my dash and left a dent since its bigger than my Tivo. The cigarette lighter thing won't stay in keeps poping out so it turns on and off on and off anoying, I'll have order another. The wires at the jack became frayed and I had to order another as well.

Its like this...you're driving down the street and the Five-O is hiding behind a bush. BEEP (arrow pointing ahead)

where is this fargin' guy???

BEEP BEEP (yep still points ahead)

Don't see him !!!

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP (arrows pointing side ways)

still don't see him but I'm off the gas.

(if you are just lifting, you have a ticket)

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP (arrows pointing behind).

there you have it. You can't just go off an audible alarm that gets louder and louder. You need to know where the enemy is lurking.

now they just have to work on all those ****************ty accessories that need replacing all the time..

p.s.
V1 still gets the best scores on Lazer from a trailing vehicle. That's saved me at least twice with the stateys following me home on the highway.
Weird... with the Passport, I let off the gas when the alert started (just like you had to) and get back on it after it's gone (just like your did). No taking my eyes off the road to look at arrows that just distract me.

And what's with that V1 falsing from a laser? They can't use laser from a moving ("trailing") vehicle. They have to be stationary to laser you.
I quote: "Laser cannot be used in moving mode it must be stationary. Most state enforcement agencies have passed on using laser for this reason. Laser is most prevalent in metropolitan areas with one officer on an overpass operating the laser and officers lined up on entrance ramps waiting for the radio to ID the offender. Similar to radar, laser cannot be used in the rain, snow, or high dust environments. Laser takes precise aiming."

You may need to send your V1 back in for "updating". It seems to be malfunctioning, or your local po-po is stupid.
JackG is offline   Reply With Quote