View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 04:17 PM   #52
pteam

Ok I bought a passport 9500 because of this thread.

First let me say:

IT SUCKS!!!!! Seriously. The reason it sucks is because of the design and the cord. First of all they give you this severly big cord that is only like a foot and a half long and plugs in on the DRIVERS SIDE! So here is a picture from my viper on how it looks from the driver's view:

Notice how it perfectly covers up the display of the radar detector? What idiots designed this thing to plug into the drivers side with the biggest round cord ever in the world, and then make it shorter than short so you have to stretch it to even go over a foot.

EDIT: Also here is a pic in my hummer

Notice how it again covers up the radar screen but also because these smart people had it plug in on the drivers side it also covers up my navigation and BARELY reaches the cigarette lighter, and thus pulls on the radar because its stretched. Its not even close to being able to reach the 2nd cigarette lighter outlet.

I cannot hardwire this as I have many cars and that would be impossible to switch cars. It won't even reach lighter spots in my hummer or my viper, I have to use the very close one instead of other ones out of the way that my old radar detector could reach. Also I really like how the cord goes right in the way of your radar or in dash navigation, it goes right in the way of it because of their wonderful design! ::end sarcasm:: This product sucks... btw the speed camera, stop light camera known locations, and gps functions are good, but when your frustrated every single time you look at it, it kinda defeats the purpose...
Supercharged Viper SRT-10 800 HP Special Edition #49 of #50 (current)
Ferrari 360 Spider
Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster
911 Cab
Boxster S (current)
08 Hummer H2 (current)
BMW Z3 (current)

Limos in Ohio and PA - First Class Limo Columbus Limos

http://pteam.net/avatar3.jpg
my car collection *Porschephiles agree, Desnorkify your Porsche!*

Last edited by pteam; 10-06-2009 at 05:20 PM.
pteam is offline   Reply With Quote