View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 06:56 AM   #7
98Boxster98

Porscheguy05 has reported a successful top install on this board. I think he said it took about 6.5 hours but he also said that he's mechanically-inclined. You can search the board for more info.

The GAHH price at the GAHH website is only good until the end of the month so buy it soon. I think it goes back up to $950. Cabrioworld is a distributor for GAHH. At the GAHH site, there are more color choices but colors other than black involve a slight premium. Cabrioworld has fewer colors (the factory colors) but the last time I checked, all the same price.

GAHH can supply a list of installers in your area. Just fill out the form at the website. I believe that the shops estimate 9 hours for the install. FWIW, I got quotes for the install in the range $425 to $550. One consideration is that if anything goes wrong with the top, the installer will handle the warranty issues.

I haven't decided whether I'm going to do it. I'm going to study the workshop manual before I decide. A subscription to alldatadiy.com is said to help in lieu of the workshop manual.

Last edited by 98Boxster98; 05-26-2005 at 07:00 AM.
98Boxster98 is offline   Reply With Quote