View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #2
CJ_Boxster

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Since you have durametric software, goto the drivelinks tab and with ignition ON and engine Off and Engine Service cover removed... Click the Check Valve buttons on the durametric drivelinks section and listen in for a clicking sound from just under the driverside of the intake plenium, Theres a check valve theres with 1 electrical connection and 2 vacuum tubes coming from it...

If you dont hear any noise from this check valve, thats most likely the issue, they get gummed up and if you wack it with the head of a screwdriver it'll start clicking while you are running the DriveLinks test but will soon stop making noise cause its just too old and worn.

Its a Oneway Check valve that reliefs vacuum pressure from the fuel tank as fuel is drawn out by the fuel pump. Again, Its located just below the driverside intake plenium and is black in color with 1 hard plastic vacuum line, 1 rubber vacuum line leading to the bottom of the throttle body and 1 electrical connector.

My symptons, while not entirely similar, it could be the issue:
Car would start right up when cold, as engine warmer or more fuel is drawn from the fuel tank and vacuum pressure builds my engine would get alittle shakey and eventually stall the engine.
If i turned the engine off myself before it could stall out (about 20 min after starting) once the engine would turn off, i could hear this honking (like a duck) coming from my engine bay. That sound is the valve finally relieving some vacuum pressure.
However i would have a hell of a time starting her back up after she would stall on her own.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote