View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 06:00 AM   #5
RandallNeighbour

eslai, this is a huge issue for me for one important reason: I pay cash for my cars. I learned a long time ago that leasing or financing depreciating items is a very unwise financial move indeed ... and it fosters a lack of self control within me (you and others may be different, and that would be good).

Because of this life decision, my cars are purchased when then are 2-4 years old (I let someone else take the largest share of the depreciation hit) and driven for at least 10 years (to get all the value out of the car I can possible get).

When the 987's were released, I was hopeful they'd have fixed the RMS issues so I could begin saving money and buy an '05 or an '06 in 2010 ... hopefully a CPO car that I could take to the dealership for the next 4 years when problems arise.

I buy cars for a long period of ownership, especially dream cars like my Boxster. This is very dissappointing and now my plans must change.

I just might swap my 2.5 for a 3.4 instead. I do not read anything online from owners of 3.4's stating they have RMS issues—please correct me if I am wrong. Richard, can you tell me if this opinion is accurate?

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 05-26-2005 at 06:12 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote