View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 10:59 PM   #3
eslai

Yeah, this doesn't worry me at all. I'm not the type to freak out when things go wrong with a car, otherwise I'd never have bought this first-year 987.

If the rear main seal gives out, no biggie. They'll fix it. But thanks for the heads-up anyhow!

By the way, I've driven both the 986 and the 987. I really didn't like the 986's handling--I thought the steering was mushy and the body roll was rather excessive. Coupled with the lack of power, it wasn't an exciting ride, but I have to admit that I never drove one with upgraded suspension.

The 987 convinced me to buy a Boxster almost immediately. For the money, if you're buying a new car, Porsche really has improved your bang-for-the-buck IMMENSELY. These new cars are so much more dialed-in!

There's very little that I feel is worth griping about, as far as handling goes. I still hate the long throws of the shifter, but that's it!

Anyhow, if you were around here I'd let you take it for a spin and see for yourself. You might find yourself not worrying so much about RMS issues once you've had the chance to drive it.

Last edited by eslai; 05-25-2005 at 11:03 PM.
eslai is offline   Reply With Quote