View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 04:42 PM   #2
eslai

I have a 2005 Boxster S. I posted some impressions in another thread--should be easy to find. Here's what i can say in response to some of your thoughts though:

Get as many options as you can afford now because it'll be more expensive to add them later. At this point, i only wish that maybe I bought the short shifter, as I feel the throw is pretty-darned long. I haven't felt the short shifter though so I can't say for sure that it's a good thing.

The Boxster S has the exact same suspension as the Boxster. PASM for both of them is the same. So far i think that PASM is not really necessary for around-the-town driving--it is pretty harsh and the stock suspension is already pretty nice. If I were to do it again, I'd still buy PASM, but if my budget had been a little tighter, I might have dropped it.

You need the sport chrono to get the Sport button. The Sport button remaps the throttle to be more responsive. I highly, highly recommend this options, even if the chrono is silly.

I like the standard boxster seats, but I'm skinny. I have a friend that's a little bigger around the chest and he feels like the side bolsters are a bit too tight. Adaptive seats would be nice, but they're really expensive, eh?

Get the best stereo options you can afford right now--aftermarket integration will cost you a lot of money to get right. You generally can't just throw new speakers at a sound system and still have everything balanced correctly. Changing out the head unit would be nigh impossible on these cars too, if you were concerned with keeping the interior looking nice, i think. The BOSE system comes with the windstop, so it's not as bad a deal as it may seem.
eslai is offline   Reply With Quote