View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 12:45 PM   #7
2TrunkSteve

I thought it was reasonably easy, but I am a patient guy. This first time took about 4 hours. I had my kids there with me and I had to stop to get bikes fixed, watch various gymnastic feats in the front yard, serve lunch, etcetera. I thouroughly cleaned all the parts I took out and I was extra careful not to damage anything. Next time I could probably do it in under an hour.

As far as the security Torx, my bolts didn't have much inlet depth either, so it was a pain to remove them. I did it on the bench after I had removed the throttle body from the car and it still sucked.

The bottom bolts for the throttle body are more difficult, but patience is your friend here. It's not too difficult if you take your time and picture it in your minds eye as your doing it (use the force Luke). They are basically not visible, but they are accessible. I used a socket on a short extension (1/4" drive). Once I had it on the bolt I applied the ratchet to loosen. Once loose, I removed the ratchet and just used my fingers and the extension. There's not much room, but there is just enough.

I found the security torx bit at Harbor Freight for under $4 in a kit and bought the MAF cleaner at Autozone. I thought the hardest part of the process was removing the air-inlet tube from the car. For whatever reason I just couldn't seem to find an easy way to get it out other than wrestling with it.

Good luck with your project!
2012 Tunda - Dad Hauler
Fat Tire - Favorite Beer
2TrunkSteve is offline   Reply With Quote