View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 06:37 AM   #19
edevlin

Just replaced the ignition switch this morning. Thanks to all on the great DIY advice from forum members about the job. What I found in doing the job is that there seems to be some tangible benefits from both practicing yoga and having lowered GT3 seats in the car.

I got to the switch assembly by putting my back flat (sorta) on the seat bottom with my legs up in the air on the seat back. That gave me both hands free and a clear view of where to work with my head stuffed in with the pedals. Quite a bend for my 5'10" 180 lb 59 year old body, but hey thats why they make advil...

BTY, I did not think I was having any problems with my original switch, I just replaced it as part of my 90K service I am doing on the car. But I did find that the new switch fixed one glich I was having. With the old switch, at idle, the dash lights would sorta flicker, I thought it may be my battery. But with the new switch in place, the dash lights are stable and bright at idle, cool,

Ed

:dance:

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote