View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 09:56 AM   #12
CRCGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by d18mike
I am Swiss but live in Michigan for the time being. I don't find the Swiss are aggressive drivers at all. In fact the opposite: electronic speed traps at every turn and slope makes it tough. The Germans? That's a different story. .
you're absolutely right. The Swiss are not aggressive. they can't be even if they wanted to for the reasons you point out. I never implied they were...just that we have a lot of germans at work likely because of proximity (I'm in Basel). And I don't think anyone would argue german drivers are aggressive, in fact, I would say dangerous. if you are in such a hurry that you need to go 180 MPH (which I see all the time there) then you should either leave an hour earlier or take a plane. Car accidents do happen and they are more likely to be fatal than in the USA for obvious reasons.

I enjoy driving on Swiss highways because everyone drives at exactly at the same speed, and that speed is the speed limit. they know what cruise control is for and they all use it. it's actually very refreshing. you rarely have to look in your rearview mirror. Once you cross the border into Germany, get in the right lane immediately and hold onto your butt!
CRCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote