View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 02:58 AM   #1
CRCGuy

Do you baby your baby?

While on the hunt for my first Boxster, I see a lot of ads/comments that people have "babied it". Just curious as to your thoughts of doing this in your personal experience. Does this necessarily make a "better" used P-car?

I ask because I'm currently living in Switzerland and surrounded by Germans at work. They think it's so funny that Americans seem to have so many issues with porsches, beemers and benzs. Most locals here never see the number of problems that we maybe tend to in the states. a couple of my colleagues used to work right near Stuttgart and say you really need to "use" these cars to their potential. It seems the cars were/are designed to be run on the autobahn. Very high speeds, hard acceleration to pass and merge, hard braking when some dumbass in a Renault is in the "go lane" only doing 100.

Just wondering what the general consensus is w.r.t driving a Boxster: full out or babying it? which I guess means keeping revs low, top end low, gentle cornering? I don't know really....

thoughts?
CRCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote