View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 12:49 PM   #1
custom-cruiser

Thumbs up First Ride in GT2.........................

My boss brought over his new GT2(he is out of another office about 350 miles away)for my first look.
Lets just say it made me and my Boxster feel like the scrawney little brother.
I took him to the twisty's up in the hills and what a ride! The Turbos spooled fast and seemless (Sounded like a fighter jet when really hammering down)then under hard braking the ceramic rotors sounded like a F1 car coming to a halt. Impressive is an understatement.
Interesting story on this car, it was ordered by a guy who owned a couple of Harley dealerships he spec-ed the car out and requested it be painted Harley orange well, the boys in Stuttgart did not appreciate that and said "NO WAY". This guy knows Jerry Sienfeld and called him up to see if he could push the request past the Porsche brass and it worked, they made a Harley Orange GT2! Well, as the story goes the harley dealer owner decided to open a couple more dealer ships and got strapped for cash,lost a BIG chunk of his deposit and never took delivery.
My boss was not actually to fond of the idea of taking pics because it had 400 miles of bugs and road grime on it but I could not resist. Interior is all Carbon fiber. Factory rated at 477 HP.The rear tires are 315 30 18.

Last edited by custom-cruiser; 05-24-2005 at 12:51 PM.
custom-cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote