View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #20
CJ_Boxster

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAY
LOL. Jack stand under the motor 2 jack stands to hold the car up nice and high, unbolt the axles, unbolt the slave, unclip the wires, drop the exhaust (2 15mm and 4 13mm) Unbolt the bell housing and use either my motor cycle jack that I used to put the motor in, I put a piece of 3/4" wood on top to make a nice little shelf and drop it with that or just my big jack from sears. Oh yea and undo the 10mm that holds the linkage and pop the cables out and get them off to the side..

Oh forgot step one. As for all my projects. Start with a beer of the season. This season pumpkin ale.
Come on Jaay, dont mislead some people into thinking they could do it at home in 3 hours lol... You left out all the bracing and stress plate, rear bumper and spoiler removal, not to mention that the exhaust nuts are probably going to break or snap off studs. Also, you have to count the time it takes to jack the car up and the time. Trust me, at the shop it can range between 8-11 hours long depending on the rusty bolt situation... 3 hours, not possible for the average human, and im sure you have a aftermarket exhaust so its probably a breeze to remove. Sorry if i sound like im attacking, not my intention, i just have a hangover and dont want to take the time to clean up my post.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote