View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #11
BobH

I think Franco is correct. There is a little 1.5 watt bulb in the back of the insturment cluster. I took the cluster off and removed the bulb and it looks burnt out. I ordered a replacement bulb and hopefully when its reinstalled it will solve the problem. Ill let you know. Taking the cluster off is pretty easy, just two screws , one behind the mic filter and one behind the emergency flasher and a little wiggling around and it came out. there are three wire harness diconnects to the instrument panel that are easy to get off. I left the 4th one attached and just laid the cluster over the dash with it still connected. There is a guy that posted the process with pictures. Im sure you can find it if you google it. The bulb comes right out . Hopefully the new one will go in as easy! The only thing I have noticed is that in getting out the flasher button and the mic cover the plastic is really tender and very easily marred. I dont know if your interior is the same way. All the black plastic in the interior of the car is scratched up and very tacky/soft to the touch. i dont know if the previous owner had sprayed something on it to preserve it and messed up the plastic or if that is just the way it is. Let me know if you noticed the same on your car.
BobH is offline   Reply With Quote