View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 06:31 AM   #30
Oaktown 986

Quote:
Originally Posted by pteam
Ok got the car back today. Your not gonna belive this. But I'm 90% sure it was from a rabbit that must have chewed some wires!!!

Sheet from porsche says:

"Upon inspection found harness for eng coolant temp sensor chewed up causing guage problems. removed lower panel and repaird 2 wires noticed condensation around resovoir sealing cap replaced cap seal and test drove car guage operating to factory specs at this time"

We seen a rabbit at the campground run out from under the porsche, it probably went under the car to stay warm at night.

$250 + $200 tow.

Silly wabbit!
This is why I love this forum.

Today I started my 986 up, and the temp light was flashing. I had more white smoke coming out of the exhaust than normal, and the temp guage was flashing, as it was for you. So, needing to get to work, I drove it anyway. It took far longer to warm up than usual, but made it to the office just fine (6 miles of heavy urban driving). I'm going to drive it 20 miles to my garage in Oakland and check it out, but it is probably also the temp sensor gauge for me too, yah? Only thing I've done that involves the cooling system is installed a new reservoir cap due to condensation from the factory unit.

Jon
Previous Toys:
2005 RX-8, RIP
1989 GTA, 5 Speed, Procharger Supercharger and 2 Core Intercooler, 1 3/4" headers, 3" Flomaster Exhaust, cat-delete, digital ignition, bigger fuel injectors
Oaktown 986 is offline   Reply With Quote