View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 11:33 AM   #11
Adam

Ok, I did the DE on Saturday and all I can say is I wish I would've had more seat time, but I had a lot of fun. I only signed for one 20 minute session so I never got too comfortable with the track and finding the proper line, braking points, ect. My instructor basically said I needed to slow it down and concentrate on the fundamentals first, then increase speed later. Like Jmatta said, the focus is on smoothness first then speed later, but with the adrenaline pumping and only 20 min I wanted to go fast! As far as the tires are concerned they worked great and offererd a lot of grip! They held together just fine and didn't chunk up or anything. They reminded me a lot of an R comp tire because at the limit they didn't squeal or make any noise, they just quietly and predictably broke away. I can't wait to see how they do this weekend at the autocross where I'm more in my comfort zone and familiar. Oh, and Mike I ran 34 psi up front and 36 out back cold and that seemed to be almost perfect. The fronts rolled over just enough to hit the triangles on the sides, the back didn't roll over quite as much so I might play with lowering the rear pressure in the future.

Last edited by Adam; 08-31-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote