View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 11:46 AM   #12
Immortal1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigborian

Like i said i love the boxster it's a great car but when i need the trunk space or when i need to take more than me and 1 passenger to go somewhere i take the civic.
If you're looking into Boxsters and you're turned off by the lack of trunk space, you shouldn't even be thinking about roadsters in general. Different cars serve different purposes. My daily driver is a Jeep Grand Cherokee and it's safe to say I use that a lot differently than I do the Box.

Anyway, I will give props to the Evo's and Sti's, it's pretty nuts how much performance you get for the price you're paying for it. But that's it. Outside of performance, they're just a couple cheap feeling, chintzy rice rockets that'll turn heads at the local high school or community college. If I went on track days daily, I'd love one of those. But I don't.

At the same time, I hate how when you buy those cars, you're tempted to slap on a bunch of ricer parts on it. It's unheard of to hear of someone driving an Evo or an Sti stock. Intakes, exhausts, different turbos, body kits seem almost feel like required spending for cars like that. And when you think about it, it feels more as if you're buying an unfinished car if you feel tempted to get stuff for it. That doesn't sit well with me.

When it comes to fast cars, I'm more interested in the driving experience over the number on my speedo. The Boxster's engine sounds better in my opinion, and the build quality(while obviously not the best) feels a lot better than the Evo's and Sti's that I've been in, It's also a lot more entertaining to drive on a road. And it looks a lot better too. I drive with my cousin who drives an Sti, and I prefer getting waves from cute girls over him getting waves from some acne-crusted fella on the JV Swim team.

Last edited by Immortal1520; 08-29-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Immortal1520 is offline   Reply With Quote