View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 08:37 AM   #6
bigborian

Quote:
Originally Posted by al83s
Somebody correct me if Im wrong.
35 watt is street legal, 55 isnt.
4300, 5000, 6000 etc. all refer to the Kelvin Temperature, thus affect the color of the light from yellow-white-blue-purple etc.
As temp increases, light intensity drops thus I wouldn't go higher than 6000K (personal choise, since I do alot of night/bad weather driving and visibility is more important for me than looks).
Just search "HID" on this forum and you will come across several HID retrofit examples.
Some kits will require drilling a hole on the headlight back cover (dont worry, kit comes with a gromet and long enough wires), but I managed to squize mine in without any modifications. It is not much harder that replacing burned out bulb, plug n play.
Hope it helps.

I think i'm just going to go with the ones that you got. $70 is not a bad deal and i like the color that it makes from the website, when you post pics i can see what it looks like on the boxster. You metioned you squeezed yours in, what do u mean by that? You squeezed the wires through somewhere? thanks for the info

Also if i just want to change the low beam bulbs how many sets would i need? Just the 1 set right?

Last edited by bigborian; 08-26-2009 at 09:24 AM.
bigborian is offline   Reply With Quote