View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 06:20 PM   #24
mptoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
You sir are the exception! I was used car shopping for the last year until I just recently purchased a '72 Porsche 914. I cannot begin to tell you how much misrepresentation I ran into. Where else can you even find more misrepresentation, deceit, and cover-ups than with USED CARS? Okay, maybe in the government, but let's not go there.
Kirk

I should have prefaced it by saying " I have been in car sales for about a decade and my last job was a New car Sales Manager. I am use to looking at trade ins all day long. Looking for and finding defects are second nature after doing it for so long." I pulled the carfax( I know so hush). opened the hood, checked the fluids... i even checked the tires pressure. I did give the seller numerous "OUTS" I let him know that if the car wasn't as presented, we were going to have a problem, so let me know now before I buy my plane ticket. I also asked 4 or 5 questions and requested more pics. I was about as thorough as one could be. I asked what he did for a living and about everything up to a credit check. Now I was extremely nice about it and reiterated the fact that If I get out there and it wasn't as advertised, we are going to have issues. When I got out there we drove the car for a couple hours and made numerous stops. I checked for oil after each stop.

So maybe I was lucky, maybe just thorough or a little of both. I wouldn't hesitate doing it again. It was the time of my life driving it back 2400 miles.

I think the general consensus is, if you wait long enough, you will find what your looking for. My criteria was. 1.) "s" 2.) silver 3.)miles 4.) trip . Other factors come into play like condition, tires(as new ones will run you $700 to $1400).

SO, GROW A PAIR NANCY AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...Main/MyBox.jpg

Last edited by mptoledo; 08-24-2009 at 06:25 PM.
mptoledo is offline   Reply With Quote