View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 08:28 AM   #12
Kirk

After seeing some "GREAT" cars from the Internet actually in person and being grossly disappointed, I personally would not buy any car "sight unseen". If you're serious about it at least get a local shop to do a PPI, but better yet buy a plane ticket and go see the car (assuming you can get him down to your price). Just because it has low miles doesn't mean it doesn't have issues. I'd be a bit worried about his comment that the car has has no "major" damage. What about minor accidents then? Better invest in a Car Fax too!

The car doesn't look bad. But if you live near a major metropolitan area, then look for something local that's available. If nothing else you'll save on the plane ticket and/or shipping costs. I live near San Francisco and there are literally dozens of Boxsters that come up for sale each month. Be patient and you'll find the right one at the right price.

Make sure you research the options that were available for Boxsters and get one that has most of the options that you want. It can be pricey to add them later. I didn't do this but got lucky and got a car with most of what I wanted later. Still I had to add HID headlights (Litronics) later, which cost me about $700. I was lucky though as many pay twice that for this spendy option. So that's something to look at, what were the options and what do you want...

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote