View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 02:57 PM   #8
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
I found the tool in LB's post first for $23.50 and then found and opted for the one below which was $29.50. I chose it because it comes with a 1/2 drive where the ZDMAK tool comes with a 3/8 drive. It takes quite a bit of force to loosen and properly torque the pulley. I wanted as strong a tool as I could find.

http://www.technictool.com/merc-fan-holders-2.htm

For my 2000 2.7 the pulley part number is 997-603-154-00 (I believe this the first 997 part I've fitted on my 986). Normally I would have ordered the part from Sunset. Because my car has been down for awhile I didn't want to wait the full week it takes to receive parts from Sunset. So I called Suncoast in FL and they didn't have the part in stock. They checked and there was only one at the warehouse in Atlanta. Suncoast would have had to order the part from Atlanta and then ship it to me which would have taken longer than I wanted. So I decided to order it from my local dealership who I knew could get it to me in two days. I tell you all of this to let you know you can probably get it a lot cheaper than what I paid. The part listed for $211.79 and my local dealership charged me $144.95.
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote