View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 03:36 PM   #22
larez2

A Boxster can be very reliable and used as a daily driver if maintained properly. The maintenance is more expensive than most cars $200 oil changes, more expenive parts, tires, etc. There were some engine issues and RMS issues, but those are mostly found on older Boxsters.

Here's the twist, I do recommend getting one, but save up the money first and then buy it outright with cash. Buy it debt free (unless you have good debt such as mortgage or education loan). Don't finance it - I don't recommend financing anything except a house (and education). My pops really wanted me to get a brand new merc or bmw or boxster right out of college when i scored my first job, and although i could have easily afforded a large payment, I am glad I didn't. I saved my money and invested (some of it wisely, some of it foolishly), and i finally bought a Boxster last year when I was 27. Too many of my friends are in cycles of revolving debt + car payments. If you do end up financing anyways, pay close attention to how easily you can afford the payment. If you would like information on a savings/budget plan or schedule, I'd be happy to make one up for you.

Sounds like you got a great job, congrats on that!

Peace,
Larez2
larez2 is offline   Reply With Quote