View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 08:34 AM   #13
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke
the car continues to depreciate and is worth less as time goes by. And it is mid-August and sports cars get worth less the colder it gets.

I think you need to view the transaction of selling the car as a financial transaction and lose the emotion of selling your Porsche. Is $41.5k into your investment acccount worth more than maybe getting $42k at some future time? Sure would be to me because I'm making lots more than that on my investments.

The car is worth what someone will pay for it..no more and no less ..and your car isn't worth anything more because you owned it or had it tweaked to the way you liked it. Mod'ed cars are frequently worth less than un-mod'ed ones.
Well, he lives in Florida, so the weather (for a local buyer), will not be as much of a factor, but yes- the problem is that the longer he waits, the car will still be depreciating, and sooner or later, the value of the car will eventually drop below $40.5k, and then that same dealer that just quoted him $40.5k, will also no longer be offering $40.5k.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red

Last edited by Boxtaboy; 08-18-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote