View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 12:46 PM   #20
mptoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA
Nope, it is a noise baffle. If you really stop a moment and look at the opening in the body with the grill removed and the “snorkel” still in place, a whole lot of stuff can get passed it, so as a debris preventative, it would be pretty poor; you’d be a lot better off with some simple mesh for that purpose………….

No, I pretty much think your wrong on that. The cup on the bottom is to keep debri and water from getting sucked in. Now how effective it is, well thats another question. If you really look at it, its obvious the cup is there for a reason, to keep crap out.

If you guys want to keep going, I have also read the for any increase in air flow your ecm need time to adjust. Just like pedro says when you install his techno flow thing. All the dynos I have seen have been negligible gains and the only one that reset his ecm was the one who claimed 5 hp gain after 17dynos.

Now I feel like I am defending it, when that was not the purpose. Its like one of those highschool debates that you have to take a side you care nothing about. People have asked about de-snorking and I thought I would try it.

There isn't enough evidence wither way to support a conclusion. I don't race so the HP gain or loss of + or - 2 hp doesn't matter. I would be concerned about mpg loss, but it makes no sense, as common sense dictates that you will get more air flow. The only things I can think of that might go against that is if the snork some how lessened the amount of turbulence, like pedros claim of his thing, and if hot air was sucked in rather than cooler air. I would lean towards the latter.

SO, GROW A PAIR NANCY AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...Main/MyBox.jpg
mptoledo is offline   Reply With Quote