View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 07:00 AM   #9
mptoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA
Sorry, but I still don’t buy it for multiple reasons. Interestingly, he ran his tests on a hub design dyno that is well known for always giving considerably higher readings (10-12% are not uncommon) than conventional roller units in side by side runs. I know the manufacturer claims this is because it’s unique design which “eliminates the “roller effect”, but at the end of the day, the rollers are in much wider use. In any case, while I am not going to challenge the veracity of his test; I can tell you that two different cars that I watched being tested showed a slight, but measurable drop in HP and Torque when tested on the rollers. When combined with consistent comments that multiple cars saw lower gas mileage with it out, but recovered the mileage when it was reinstalled; I think you are “tilting at windmills” here……………

Again, I am still in the wait and see camp. I check my MPG after every fill up. I do like the sound with it off. Even using an inferior dyno, it should give a consistent before and after reading even if they are both high. Enough of that. As I said in the OP, HP and torque gains(if any)are negligible and aren't the reason I did this.

I am glad you brought up the MPG issue, as to me that is way more important than any small gains or losses in hp or torque. I will definitely keep an eye on them over time and report my findings, as unscientific as they may be. I still think most people rev up and wind out through the gears more to hear the noise, which makes sense why they would see lower mpg.

SO, GROW A PAIR NANCY AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...Main/MyBox.jpg
mptoledo is offline   Reply With Quote