View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 06:26 AM   #12
rob76turbo

Garage
Ordered the WEVO mount from Brad Roberts (Thanks Brad!!!!). What a beautiful piece of engineering. The photo does not do it justice. It looks like an orange delrin surround (although it is of a lighter material...I think). The two insert halfs look like very heavy duty rubber or plastic...but NO, they are metal and fit together perfectly. You may have to put a clamp on the whole assembly to get it started onto the motor mount frame, but it all went together well. Total time, including pressing out the old mount was about 90 min. I had access to a lift, so we were able to access all the bolts from under the car. If you have it on a lift, no need to take off the access panel from inside the car. One note, the old one was completely shot. I had inspected it (while still in the car) and it looked cracked, but when we got it out.....it was a mess. A couple of wacks with a small hammer and it completely dislodged from the insert.

Now for the results. The drive train feels much tighter and the transmission slop is gone. But....boy does it vibrate! Especially at 3200-3400 RPM. I think that is a factor of the WEVO mount being metal and there is really no rubber in the assembly to dampen the vibration. I am still getting use to it. I think it has changed the whole feel of the drivetrain, even the sound is a bit different. But once again, that should be a function of going from rubber (especially since the old one was fried) to metal. I will report more after I get used to it a bit. Eventually I will add the WEVO transmission mounts and the drivetrain will be solidly located for sure!!
rob76turbo is offline   Reply With Quote