View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 08:47 AM   #19
TimAustinW

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
My previous car was a 2004 MR2 Spyder. I had a four year lease on it and went to the Toyota dealership with the intention of buying it. The dealer said "Well, before you buy your MR2 let me show you what else I have." Then he pulled out the Boxster and said "Why don't you leave your Spyder here and take the Porsche for the day." And that's all she wrote. Also keep in mind I have a 2.7 base, not the S and there was still no comparison. The Spyder feels like a toy compared to the box with its whiny 4 cylinders.

In my opinion there really is no comparison. If you get the MR2 you'll just wish you had the boxster. It has enough storage space for two medium sized duffel bags. Under the rear deck lid is the engine, under the front is a spare. ZERO storage. The convertible top is manual and made of cheap vinyl that is known to crack. Power and handling do not compare. I loved my Spyder but quickly forgot it when I got my Boxster.

My two cents.
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest

Last edited by TimAustinW; 08-12-2009 at 09:13 AM.
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote