View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 11:22 AM   #11
YellowJacket

Send a message via AIM to YellowJacket
I can actually see both sides of it. I tend to have the "it's just a car" adittude more than most people on this board. And you're right, a lot of people on here think they drive an Italian exotic, not an entry-level Porsche. I don't mean to bash the Boxster at all -- my drive to work puts a smile on my face every morning, especially the most recent "top-down" mornings. I love this car to death, but it IS just a car, and just a "nice" car (as opposed to an exotic). That's why I don't keep it in a heated garage under a car cover and detail it with a q-tip.

But that being said... if you're going through wheel bearings every year, you're probably not treating it like you should. Sure, the Boxster is durable and relatively disposable, but there's a level of "common sense" associated with anything you own. Driving it every day, driving it fast, and enjoying it is one thing; beating on it so hard that you're going through wheel bearings once a year just shows no respect for it. I doubt that people on here who autoX their cars go through bearings once a year!!

But to each his own -- most people on here would say I do my car a disservice by driving it daily.
YellowJacket is offline   Reply With Quote