Thread: Techno Torque 2
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #13
ppbon

A few people share your concern...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson
I'd be very interested in seeing some independent dyno testing of this thing. Items like this always make me think of the millions and millions of dollars that Porsche spends on engineering... if it is actually beneficial, why didn't they do this in the first place? It makes sense on a basic level, but does it actually do anything measurable? Seat-of-the-pants testing doesn't count.

All of that said, screwing around with cars is what makes them fun. Way to go Pedro.
... and that's why I encourage people to test and check and investigate and try before buying.
I even offer an iron-clad guarantee that if you're not 100% satisfied with any of my products you get a 100% refund. No questions asked.

Remember that Porsche made a fun car, a roadster, when the initially manufactured it.
They didn't set out to extract every single pound of torque or HP possible from the engine (they would slowly do that through the subsequent model years).
If that would have been the case, the initial Boxster would have had over 250 HP (100 HP per liter of displacement) which is standard for a super high performance engine, but it only had 201HP. So they left a lot of room for improvement and that's where I've been doing my R&D.
The newer 987s are close to that displacement/power range so they are MUCH harder to get any improvements from and why I haven't offered any performance-enhancing products for those engines.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro