View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #22
mptoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
As the resident libertarian, I am all for small small government. You can understand why I think the Feds meddling in car purchases is not such a good idea.

But, hey, I could be wrong!
+ 1
The government has just screwed up the whole free market car system. Ask any economist and just about all will agree. Adam Smith's Invisible hand theory states that

"[An individual is] led by an invisible hand to promote an end which was no part of his intention. Nor is it always the worse for the society that it was not part of it. By pursuing his own interest he frequently promotes that of the society more effectually than when he really intends to promote it. I have never known much good done by those who affected to trade for the public good. It is an affectation, indeed, not very common among merchants, and very few words need be employed in dissuading them from it."

They(govt) has disrupted the used car market,
1.) Disenfranchised the poor by destroying their only hope of getting a car.
2.) With less inventory the prices of used cars will go up and become unaffordable.
3.) Robbed peter to pay paul, they haven't created new buyers, they just moved up their time frame of buying a new car.
4.) Put us closer to inflation, and possibly hyper inflation by spending useless taxpayer money.

This administration thinks its Robin hood. I hate to break it to you, you have the "right for the pursuit of happiness" You don't have the "right for happiness". That my friends, is earned not given. If you don't think its fair, then educate yourself, work harder and maybe your kids will have the opportunity for happiness. I know my Grandparents as most people's were dirt poor and worked 2 or 3 jobs each, just to get by and send my parents through college. That was called sacrafice!!

SO, GROW A PAIR NANCY AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...Main/MyBox.jpg
mptoledo is offline   Reply With Quote