View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 08:03 AM   #15
Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAY
I was thinking more of just swappin the dash and doing some red accent pieces and leaving the black seats and carpets and swapping the door panels and having the bottom of the panels done over in black.

I think I get what you're looking to do. You don't want to swap the WHOLE interior to red, just some parts so that the red is an accent to the black, right? I think this would look GREAT! But you would have to use a LOT of control and consideration to not overdo it.

When I bought my C4S I test drove a red one with black interior and red accents. It had red seat belts, red stitching, and a couple other bits in red from the factory. Looked pretty nice. But also understated, not over the board. I don't know if I would do the whole dash in red. It's probably more work than you want to do any way. I would focus more on some of the smaller pieces.

I recently sold an old '87 Honduh CRX that was my daily driver. It had a red exterior and black interior. I painted some of the interior pieces red, got a red/black shift knob, and red/black floor mats. Overall the car was certainly rough (stripped racer), but I liked the look. Is this the kind of thing you're going for?

My new daily driver is a '72 914 with a white exterior and black interior. The PO also went for something different by working white accents into the black interior. Again, I like it a lot, all except for the power window covers with a white stripe on them. I have since removed them and painted them gloss black.

If this is what you're looking for - a black exterior with black interior and red accents, I'd say go for it but be VERY selective in what you swap to red. Don't overdo it!

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote