View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 05:55 PM   #8
tonycarreon

just a follow up. finished the other 4 this afternoon. drove it ~ 20 miles without issue. idles fine, no smoke, no CEL.

the other 4 were pretty much the same as the other 2, but like MP said in his write up the one behind the passenger seat was a little tougher. i took the holder for the cat wire off and moved it out of the way, made things a little easier. the electric plug didn't want to go back on the coilpack, but i realized if i pulled the rubber sleeve up the wire it was a lot easier to do.

my only concern at this point is that the middle plug on the passenger side was weirder. the other 5 were easy to remove once i used the wrench to loosen them, and same with going in. could do it by hand without any effort.

however, the middle plug on the passenger side was not like that. it took more effort to remove it by hand and put it back in. seemed to go in easy for a little bit then a lot harder to keep turning,.. so i'm a little concerned the PO might have stripped the thread.

also, i have a habit of smelling things ( call me weird ) and the other 5 plugs all smelled of gasoline. however the trouble plug smelled more like oil. and there was more gunk on the thread than the other 5.

finally, i do not recommend the craftsman 2 1/4 ton floor jack. it doesn't really have an easy time of lowering. the valve is either closed or open with very little in between. in fact when it put it up on jacks the car didn't so much as gently descend on the jacks as it did more of a flop onto them. i think i peed a little. luckily it landed on the jack points and it was only an inch or so down.

taking it to the mechanic on friday for the cv joints. that'll just leave the fuel filter to do.
tonycarreon is offline   Reply With Quote