View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
tonycarreon

thanks guys.

yeah everything else is craftsman, but i forgot the torque wrench and advance is literally 1/2 mile from the house.

i figured it was okay so far. nothing seemed wrong doing it, so i think my main problem was doubting myself - if it was that easy i must have screwed it up.

i was going to start with the 944, but i sold it before i got around to it. my escape had the plugs done as part of the 100k maintenance so i didn't really see the need to re-do it just to "learn." not that there's much of anything to learn really. i think i had to put the plug in my lawnmower when i bought it so i guess i have some "experience."

i should mention that no dealer has a record of the plugs being replaced and the car now had 67k miles on it. ( 65k when i bought it )

i read the readup you did mp earlier and followed the instructions at pedro's garage. the thing i noticed both of you left out was anti-seize - worth the $6 from what i hear. also, no one mentioned ( and i didn't use ) dielectric grease...

the plug tubes looked good (so far) so i didn't mess with those. looks like i might have some extra o-rings.

tonycarreon is offline   Reply With Quote