View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 09:21 AM   #12
mylamb

Soooooo... I received the milkshake of death in my coolant reservoir... looks like a new flavor from Ben & Jerry's...

Last Tuesday, driving along & the coolant light starts blinking, but when I pull over, the level seems fine. Of course it was too hot to really check it out, so I waited about 2 hours and saw the milkshake in a near empty reservoir. I topped it off with the 50/50 mixture and drove home.

Wednesday, after only driving about 2 miles, the temp gauge started to rise - not past 200 but close to it. The fans were all blowing but oddly enough the coolant light was not flashing. I tried to turn on the heater but it didn't really help. About 1 block before my destination, I hear a hissing, then as soon as I turn the corner "BOOM". The idle was still fine and the engine was still running, but when I backed into the spot I could see that the car dumped all of it's coolant in the street. So the BOOM was a coolant breach, not a blown motor as I initially thought. It started fine the next day. I had it towed to the dealership & will post when I hear what they have to say. I'm hoping that this breach will be noticeable. When I had them perform a leak down test in April for the the disappearing coolant, they couldn't come up with anything.

Wish me luck
Arctic Silver /Black interior
Desnorkled then REsnorkled (planning on Revo flash & prob B&B Exhaust)
mylamb is offline   Reply With Quote