View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 09:08 AM   #2
Frodo

I, too, have a seal gray. I have used the Dr. Colorchip and was reasonably happy with it. It's like when you paint a room in your house: If you look at all closely, you can see your screw-ups (esp since you know where they are), but virtually no one else is gonna notice.

I also tried the actual Porsche touch-up paint, and observed: 1) It is not an exact match, color-wise, though it's close; and 2) it's harder to use than the DCC, which is almost mind-numbingly easy. I'm sure some people may be better in their technique of using touch-up paint than me, and they may prefer that route. For me, there just wasn't enough of a difference to justify using the more difficult touch-up paint.

If you use the DCC, I'd recommend leaving it 30 min (even an hour) before wiping it down with the pink stuff (used to remove the "overspay"). It takes a few more passes with the rag to get off the excess, but it's not difficult or time-consuming. If you use the pink stuff too early, I found it tended to pull the paint out of the area (scratch, rock chip) you want the paint to stay.

BTW, I'm keeping my Porsche touch-up paint. I find it is easier to use in certain places. Example: if you happen to bang your door edge against something you shouldn't, I find it easier and more effective to use the touch-up paint to repair your blunder.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote