Thread: Dash speakers
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 12:01 PM   #8
mptoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drem914
You will only be able to replace the rears with 3-1/2" speakers. It will require some cutting to the plate that currently holds the speakers, if they are the oem units.
You might want to try to just ad some tweeters in series. Many have done that successfully. Without upgrading the amp you will not have much power going there.

The fronts or also maxed out at 4" units with a 1" separate tweeter.

the doors are "subs" you can go larger but will need to cut the baffle that they sit in or make new ones.

Check over on the Renn Tech site. There are many many threads of people that have done speakers and head unit upgrades with a lot of visual and descriptive information.

First, thanks for the input, I was playing with the idea of puting 6x9's or a little smaller in the back. I took the whole unit off and there is tons of room. Iwas thinking about facing the 6x9s upwards and tilted as much forward as I could. I could easily drill holes in the top so the sound could escape.

On the fronts, I agree it looks like 4" are the max without some serious mods to the dash(too much trouble).

SO, GROW A PAIR NANCY AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...Main/MyBox.jpg
mptoledo is offline   Reply With Quote