View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #9
eightsandaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petermcd
It is a porsche dealer and it is under their warrantee. Also it happened on their lot as there was an extra one of those perforated grille things that snap into roll bar kicking around behind the seats and I am sure putting top down with that thing in there caused the wire to pull off. I just never noticed the wire till the day after I got the Boxter home. Top is in good shape so as long as epoxy fix works and looks clean then guess I will be happy.

If they will do it, (and it's a huge "if") I would request that they submit to you in writing that any future failure of said connection within an agreed upon timeframe by both parties will be covered, otherwise if it were me at the dealer I just bought it from, I'd push for complete window/top replacement. They already have an "excellence" in business issue if they delivered a car to you with that wire disconnected and a floating grill under one seat, lousy dealer prep at the minimum, after all you didn't just spring for a Kia.. Seems as if used vehicle quality is driven exclusively by whether the buyer is observant enough to notice problems..

Last edited by eightsandaces; 07-17-2009 at 11:14 AM.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote