View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #8
Dave S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000
If you don't have door speakers, putting speakers in the center console would certainly be a lot easier than wiring in door speakers. However you wouldn't be able to but anything to big there and it would require a lot of custom work.

I would start by installing the rear speakers, you might install them and be completely happy with the sound you are getting. If the rear speakers don't satisfy you then you I would start looking into putting to 4" or 5.25" speakers on the sides of the lower center console (I don't think you could fit anything larger).

If it was my car and I didn't care that much about the car not looking OEM, I would just cut holes in the doors (my understanding is that their hollow), put some 6.5" speakers in their and run the wires myself to the HU or an amp in the front trunk. Someone a few months ago did this and while it wasn't factory it only cost him a few hundred dollars to have a shop install door speakers.
Here is what I had done. I don't remember what it cost to have these installed because I had an amp, cross overs and head unit also done at the same time. It wasn't very much to have these installed though. I'm sure you can get better looking speakers and I didn't care about keeping it looking OEM. The tweeters and 6.5 inch mid-bass speakers are both cut into the doors. The Infinity speakers sound decent and were only $100. I think it was something like $40 to have the speakers installed in the doors.

Last edited by Dave S.; 07-16-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Dave S. is offline   Reply With Quote