View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 03:51 AM   #1
jamescw8

Unhappy Clutch pedal sticking

I purchased my 2000 Boxster S just under 2yrs ago and noticed it had a fairly stiff clutch when compared to others back then. But just recently during the recent hot spell the clutch pedal suddenly became light but had a light sticking half way up on return. It did return the whole way but with more resistance than when it was previously stiff. When stationary from the half way sticking point it pings quickly back to its resting position and i sometimes have to lift the underside of the pedal with my foot to get it back to it's resting place (this is only needed when the car is stationary). When accelerating hard through the gears and revs it is even more reluctant to come back up. There is no clutch slippage. There are no leaks from the master or slave cylinders etc and full a load of fluid. I have also checked the clutch pedal boost spring and bracket and all look in good working order. I haven't actually taken those bits apart, but I still suspect that it is either the boost spring itself or the bracket adjustment?

The car is coming up to 65k miles and was wondering if anyone on here may know of a fix? or had a similar problem?

Could it even be the clutch diaphragm? Or a whole clutch change?

I would appreciate any help on this.

Many thanks, James.
jamescw8 is offline   Reply With Quote