View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
No, that kit in your link is an internal modification to your headlamps. It will not clear up the clear plastic casing of the headlamp housing. There's really not much you can do to recover/polish the exterior of the headlamp because there's a coating on there to protect the headlamp from rock chips which you don't really want to remove. The cheapest way to fix that problem is to buy another set of used headlamps that are in better condition than yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerplunk
Hi guys,

I noticed that in the newer models of Porsche Boxsters, the glass/whatever in front of the lightbulbs is more clear (less foggy/plastic looking) than the older models (2003, for example). What is the easiest/most affordable way to replace those headlamps?

Is something like this what I want to use: http://www.************************************************************/product.asp?pf_id=P996.631.036.90&dept_id=4670

I don't really care about the HID/xenon lights, just the clearness/appearance of those. Any suggestions? Thanks guys

Side note: I chose the light bulb post icon for this thread... pretty clever, right? haha

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote