View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 08:18 AM   #11
Kirk

I gotta agree with ekam on this one. I've got a Boxster with the basic plastic dash and I've got a 996 C4S that came standard with full leather. Sure the leather is nice, but quite honestly I think the plastics in my Boxster S are good enough that it's really hard to tell the difference between the two of them (both are black). I don't think I would have paid extra for the leather any way. They stretch it so thin and give the plastic the same kind of texture such that you have to look really, really closely to tell the difference. In fact, I just got my C4S and still need to spend some time trying to figure out exactly what is leather and what is plastic so that I can treat them appropriately! Now I was also looking at buying a Maserati and in that car the dash leather was thicker and more supple and I definitely felt like it added some refinement to the car.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote