View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 05:57 AM   #14
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
I've used it for more than 100,000 miles with no issues, no oil usage, and perfect oil tests by Blackstone. No emotion or religion, just the facts. Also my lifters do not clatter at start up.
I'm happy that you’re happy. Unfortunately, we typically do about a dozen or so oil changes on customer's Porsche’s a week, and our collected results (and UOA's) do not back up your experience, particularly when you look at the performance of the same grades of oil in the same cars over time. Mobil has reformulated several of their grades as many as three times over the last five years or so, and oil testing has shown the changes have not always been positive ones. Sure, in many cases the oil could still be considered "OK" after low miles; but with many customers going 7,500 to over 10,000 miles between changes, and the results look a lot different. Throw in DE's and/or AX's (particularly in hot weather), and the results began to look absolutely dismal. Yet the same raced/abused cars running a 10W-40 ACEA A3, B3, B4 full synthetic (not a Mobil product) continued to have great UOA's after 10,000 miles and a lot of track time..................
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote